Description: The Mikio Takagi Student Prize (MTStP) is to recognize a student who has presented an outstanding paper at the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS). The Mikio Takagi Student Prize is given to the first one of three top GRSS Student Prize Paper Awards. For second and third place student awards refer to IEEE GRSS Student Prize Paper Awards
Eligibility: The Prize recipient must:
- contribute more than 60% of the content of the presented paper (if the contribution is less than 60%, the paper is not suitable for a student paper competition and can be submitted to the normal track),
- be a student,
- be under 33 years of age,
- be a candidate for a graduate degree (PhD students included),
- be an IEEE member,
- publish the paper in the IGARSS digest,
- be registered at IGARSS,
- personally present the paper at IGARSS, and
- be present at the IGARSS banquet to receive the award.
Multiple eligible authors are allowed. An ineligible co-author, or an advisor, must verify on university letterhead that the candidate is a student, under 33 years of age, a candidate for a graduate degree, and an IEEE member on the submittal date of the paper.
Eligibility and Selection process shall comply with procedures and regulation established in IEEE and Society governing documents, particularly with IEEE Policy 4.4 on Awards Limitations.
Award Items: The student presenting an outstanding paper will receive a certificate and an honorarium of US$1000.
Nominee Solicitation: The availability of the Mikio Takagi Student Prize will be announced each year by the IGARSS Committee.
Selection/Basis for Judging: The selection criteria will include:
- paper content and quality,
- significance, and
- quality of presentation.
The scoring method shall be established by the Subcommittee.
Award Presentation: The award shall be presented at an awards ceremony during IGARSS. The checks will be mailed after clarifying the tax items.